WEST VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
PRIVACY NOTICE SUMMARY
Last Update: 11/28/11
This is a summary of the West Virginia Department of Commerce’s privacy notice. This summary and the full privacy notice apply to the Department’s website and services that display or link to this notice. To review the full privacy notice click here. To review WV.gov privacy notice click here.
- We collect information (name, electronic or postal address, etc.) that you choose to give us.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Executive Branch Departments’ websites and services.
- Information is retained in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other policies.
USES OF INFORMATION
- We use personal information for purposes that relate to the reason you provide it. If information is used for another purpose, we will obtain your permission.
- For purposes matching the reason you provided the information, or as required by law, we may share your information with other state and federal agencies as well as others we have hired to assist us.
- We may share non-personal information for purposes related to improving our business practices.
- To the extent permitted by law, information collected by the West Virginia Small Business Development Center ("WVSBDC") will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed. Under federal law, the WVSBDC may not disclose the name, address, or telephone number of any individual or small business receiving assistance without consent of such individual or small business unless (i) the Administrator of the Small Business Administration ("SBA Administrator") is ordered to make such a disclosure by a court in any civil or criminal enforcement action initiated by a Federal or State agency; or (ii) the SBA Administrator considers such a disclosure to be necessary for the purpose of conducting a financial audit of a small business development center, but a disclosure for this purpose shall be limited to the information necessary for such audit. The SBA Administration may access program activity data and use client information to conduct client surveys. 12 U.S.C.A § 648(a)(7)(A) (2010).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- You have the right to review the personal information you provide us and to update or correct that information.
- If you have consented to an electronic exchange of information, you may cancel that consent by following the instructions in the email you receive.
- If you provide information to any of our agency websites, you may choose to remove it at any time.
- All personal information and non personal information is stored on a secured computer server. Some of the applications serving the public are hosted on different servers that have additional security measures, depending upon the type of information required and obtained. Local, more detailed notices regarding privacy and security will be provided to users while using these features.
- Agencies processing credit card information are required to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
HOW TO CONTACT US
- For more information on our privacy requirements and practices, please contact us at .
- To review our full privacy notice, please click here.
- West Virginia Division of Energy Employee Privacy Notice.
- West Virginia Development Office Employee Privacy Notice.
- West Virginia Office of the Commerce Secretary Employee Privacy Notice.
I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE PRIVACY NOTICE.