What is it?
A campaign to encourage all West Virginians to support the Mountain State’s small businesses and for small business owner to participate and spread the word that they are open and ready for business.
Small businesses are the backbone of the economy and have faced tremendous challenges since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, they’re back open and need the support of community members more than ever.
How to Get Involved
Small Business Owners
Spread the word that you’re open and welcoming customers (find downable sign and a social media toolkit below)
- Print out a “Come In, We’re Open” sign and hang it somewhere visible in your store.
- Snap a photo of the sign (either hanging in the store OR employees/owners posing with the sign) and share it on your social media channels.
- On your social media channels, tell us why you are participating in the campaign or why you love being a small business owner in WV! Make sure to tag @WVSBDC and use the hashtags #WeAreOpenWV #WVSBDC.
- Stay tuned for outreach from WV SBDC about additional opportunities for your small business to be part of the campaign’s materials.
Community Partners (Main Street, chambers of commerce, incubators, economic development entities, etc.)
Share this campaign with the small business owners in your community and encourage local support
- Include this webpage and the social media toolkit in your newsletters and social media outreach.
- Announce it during meetings, events and webinars to encourage participation.
- Amplify content from participating small businesses in your outreach materials and social media.
West Virginians / Small Business Customers
Get out there and support your community’s small businesses!
- Follow and engage with small businesses on social media. Like, react, comment and respond, share their posts and leave positive reviews and recommendations.
- Visit their storefronts respectfully, following health precautions setforth by business owners.
- Make purchases from the small businesses in your community in-person and/or online.
Have questions or want to learn more?
Come In, We’re Open Stories