WV SBDC CARES Business Recovery Project
The West Virginia Small Business Development Center (WV SBDC) is prepared to strategize with entrepreneurs and develop individualized plans to help your business recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and build a more resilient business model that adapts to customer needs and expectations. Our team of knowledgeable business coaches stand ready to assist you.
Through the SBDC CARES Business Recovery Project, your business has access to our consulting partners, known as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), who leverage and enhance the SBDC business coaching network and provide additional technical expertise to small businesses that have experienced supply chain disruptions, staffing challenges, a decrease in gross receipts or customers, or a closure as a result of COVID-19.
How can you access SME services?
- Become a WV SBDC client
- Connect with a business coach. Your business coach will reach out to you after completing the “Become A Client” form.
- Discuss your small business with your WV SBDC business coach. Your coach will then connect you to the SMEs who best fit your needs.
What do SMEs provide?
- Website Development
- Increasing Website Traffic
- Social Media Engagement
- Brand Awareness
- Graphic Design
- Email Marketing
Government Contracting Assistance
- Regulations and Reporting Requirements
- Contract Bidding and Performance
- SAM Registration
- Identifying Contract Opportunities
Business Operations and Disaster Planning
- Capital Access
- Workforce Capacity
- Inventory and Supply Chain Shortfalls
- Facility Remediation/Clean-up Costs
- Insurance Coverage Issues
- Managing Changing Market Demand Continuity of Operations Planning
- CDC Guidance for Employers
- OSHA/HHS Guidance for Employers
- Architecture and Physical Space Design
- Reconfiguring Manufacturing Equipment/Processes and Incorporating Safety Measures
Cybersecurity Awareness/Risk Management
- Teleworking Security
- Preventative Security
- Employee Security Training
- Security Risk Assessment
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Budget and Forecast Development
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Establishing Emergency Communications Plans
- Maintaining a Healthy Work Environment
- Guidance of Staffing, Benefits, Compensation, Telework Compliance and Risk Management
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Development
- Succession Planning
Business Succession Planning/Business Valuation/Selling a Business
- Exit Strategies to Optimize Sale Price
- Corporate Structure, Recordkeeping, and Documentation
- Assembling a Business Sales Team
- Understanding Taxes and Material Assets, Reviewing Contracts
- Valuing a Business
Business Resiliency Resources
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) advises business owners to be cautious when conducting business by email and wary of scams and fraud.
Credit Score Help
Find out how to improve your credit score and improve your standing with potential lenders.
Discover new crowdfunding programs available during COVID-19 and other crowdfunding options.
FMLA & Sick Leave Expansion
Small business, gig and independent workers need to know how the COVID-19 Response Act affects sick leave.
Office of Governor Jim Justice
The website of Governor Jim Justice provides important alerts and updates, actions and executive orders regarding COVID-19 and West Virginia.
WV Development Office
The WV Development Office provides a list of resources and information from state and federal agencies available to businesses affected by COVID-19.
Workforce West Virginia
Workforce WV shows employers how to help their employees navigate applying for unemployment compensation because of reduced hours due to the impact of COVID-19 on their business.
Local & Private Resources
Philanthropy West Virginia
Philanthropy West Virginia provides a COVID-19 resource page that lists emergency response funds available to support local nonprofits.
Nonprofit Finance Fund
Nonprofit Finance Fund provides a free cash flow tool, scenario template, and a guide on how to communicate your financial situation to your board, donors and lenders during COVID-19.
National Council of Nonprofits
The National Council of Nonprofits provides an overview of the CARES Act legislation and what it means for nonprofits.
U.S. Travel Association
Find out how to improve cash position, control costs, collect receivables, control inventory, and improve sales during tough financial times.